Saturday, July 31, 2021: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Ticket Concourse
America’s obsession with houseplants is rolling into DTLA when Union Stations hosts Plantopia, a Plant and Pottery Marketplace for L.A's community of Plant Nerds, Plant Parents and ‘Hoarder Culturists’.
Free advance general admission tickets for one of two green gatherings (10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. or 12:30 p.m.-3 p.m.), are required and available at Eventbrite. Walk-ins will be welcomed on a first come first served basis.
Plantopia will immerse guests in the art of indoor gardening and feature an eclectic mix of plants from a variety of vendors, including:
- The Plant Chica: Unique, warm climate plants
- Pretty in Green: Air purifying plants
- The Haus Plant: L.A's rolling garden plant truck
- Folia Collective: Easy to care for plants
- Latinx With Plants: Building Community through plants
- The Juicy Leaf: Designer terrariums, succulent arrangements, driftwood sculpture
- Thorn & Raised: Succulents, cacti, houseplants & more
- Exotic Greens: Wishlist plants, succulents, indoor plants and collectibles
- Rocknair: Air plants & meaningful gifts made by nature
- What the Gardens: Amazing tropical foliage
- Twigz Store: Boho dried flower, eucalyptus bundles, preserved and fresh flowers
As well as pots and planters from:
- Knotty Disco: Disco planters and botanical accessories
- The Sill: Unique planters, large leafy tropicals, succulents, and more
- Stevie Dee Pottery: Chicano made. Wheel thrown. Hand carved pottery
- Mackenzie's Macrame: Macrame plant hangers, shelves and more
- Stacy Wong Handmade: Plant Decor, wall hangers, plant art prints and cards
- Ol' Dirty Planters: Planters with swagger and plants that give off oxygen and good vibes
Additionally, Polar Bear Kitchen will be offering all-natural, farm-fresh and organic culinary smoothies throughout the day.
The Doctor is in. Bring pictures of your sick plants for a Plant Doctor Q&A with Cillie Barnes (aka THE BLACK THUMB) inspiring guests to keep their plants alive; one day at a time. Other activities include a “Dig in the Dirt” station and a green décor demo from plant stylist and author Danae Horst, founder of Los Angeles-based plant boutique and plant styling studio, Folia Collective. Horst will sign copies of her book “House Plants For All: How to Fill Any Home With Happy Plants.”
Go green and sow green with a live DJ spinning “Mother Earth’s Plantasia,” electronic music pioneer Mort Garson’s beloved cult album that was composed specifically for plants to listen to.
Go Metro to all events by taking the Red, Purple, Gold or Silver Line directly to Union Station L.A.
Masks will be required as mandated by the CDC and Los Angeles County Health Department.