DTLA DONUT FEST
Saturday, June 8, 2019, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Union Station South Patio
Union Station is taking guests into the center of the donut renaissance with a one-day edible exploration of L.A.’s favorite pastry at the 2nd Annual DTLA Donut Fest.
California’s Largest Donut Festival to Feature Award Winning Voodoo Doughnuts, California Donuts and Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken.
The original “rush-hour” confection is having a renaissance, and Union Station is taking guests into the center of the movement at the 2nd annual DTLA Donut Festival, Saturday, June 8, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Union Station South Patio. The momentously mouthwatering event will showcase the donut in all its many forms: plain, glazed and filled; traditional; and new wave.
Admission is $5. Tickets available on Eventbrite CLICK HERE.
Kids 12 and under are free. Tickets are $7 at the festival.
Be sure to show up with some extra dough to buy a decadent assortment of donuts once you're in the door.
Guests can stroll through the “Hole Donut Marketplace”—a dozen donut vendors from L.A.’s old school cult favorites to trendy fashion-forward pastries featuring everything from scrumptious rings, crullers and long johns to fabulous fritters.
New this year:
- • Voodoo Doughnut – Voted by Eater LA as one of the “Top 5 Most Delectable Doughnut Shops.”
- • Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken – Thrillist named Astro among the “21 best donut shops in America.”
- • California Donuts – Ranked by LAist as “The Best Old School Donut in Los Angeles.”
- • Donatsu – Vegan donuts featuring flavors for a new generation.
- • Dot & Dough – One-of-a-kind malasada-style doughnuts stuffed with signature flavors including matcha, earl grey and ube.
- • Primo’s Donuts – A classic Westside L.A. donut destination since 1956.
- • Dazzling Donuts – Fresh fried mini-donuts.
- • DK’s Donut Princes – Home of the double-decker #O-NUT featured on Food Network.
- • Glazed Donut Bar – Made-to-order, custom-glazed donuts.
- • Fat Uncle Farms – Organic treats from locally grown heirloom Sonora wheat.
- • RING Baked Tofu Donuts – Japanese-style tofu donuts.
- • Dream Donut Truck – The first specialty donut truck in SoCal.
To round out the grab-and-go breakfast offerings, The Rooster Truck, from “Chopped” and “Cutthroat Kitchen” competitor Rouha Sadighi, will serve up breakfast burritos, tacos and sandwiches. And to wash down the ultimate donut experience, Macchiato will serve coffee, tea and boba while a mobile expresso bar from Mobar & Co will offer specialty drinks including their signature Honey Lavender Latte!
The Donut Worry Be Happy activities area will feature baking demonstrations from celebrity baker, Jane Soudah, winner of 2016 Food Network “Spring Baking Championship” and author of "Delightful Desserts,” along with donut-themed arts and crafts.
Our first annual Donut Eating Contest, sponsored by Dazzling Donuts, is sure to put even the most-experienced donut aficionados into a food coma while a Find Your Center yoga workshop hosted by Mockingbird Yoga will allow guest to come down from their sugar high during two 30-minute classes for all fitness levels.
- 10:00AM: OPEN - Hole Donut Marketplace, Donut Worry Be Happy Activity Area, Treat Yo Self Bar
- 10:30AM - 11:00AM: Find Your Center morning Yoga sesson with Mocking Bird Yoga (All Levels)
- 11:00AM - 11:15AM: "Live Fry" Donut Making demonstration with Jane Soudah
- 11:30AM – 11:45AM: "Live Fry" Donut Making demonstration with Jane Soudah
- 12:00PM - 12:30PM: Donut Eating Competition Sponsored by Dazzling Donuts
- 1:00PM – 1:30PM: Find Your Center afternoon Yoga session with Mocking Bird Yoga (All Levels)
- 2:00PM: EVENT ENDS
“Donut” miss the DTLA Donut Festival. For additional information, visit unionstationla.com.
We encourage you to Go Metro to events by taking the Red, Purple, Gold or Silver Line directly to Union Station L.A.
For parking information, pricing and maps CLICK HERE.